The Spokesperson for people with disabilities in Greenland
Anja Hynne Nielsen
Tilioq is a politically independent national advocacy organization established by the Government of Greenland in 2017.
The purpose of Tilioq is to forward the rights of people with disabilities and work towards the full implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in Greenland. Tilioq cannot process individual cases, but can make statements about general conditions, which affects persons with disabilities.
The purpose of Tilioq is to forward the rights of people with disabilities.
This entail amongst other things:
- To advice people with disabilities and their relatives about their rights and the rights to complain about public services etc.
- To advice public and private institutions.
- To insure legislation and practices around people with disabilities are in accordance with the UN Convention on the rights of persons with disability.
- To asses and evaluate the conditions for persons with disability in Greenland.
- To collect and communicate information about persons with disabilities condition in Greenland.
- To propose actions which strengthens the conditions of persons with disabilities.
- To collaborate with national disability organizations in order to forward the rights and conditions of people with disabilities.
Tilioq publishes several papers and rapports on the rights on people with disability in Greenland on a yearly basis. Our publications are primarily published in Greenlandic ("Tiliup saqqummersitai" in the greenlandic version of this site) and Danish (Tilioqs publikationer in the danish version of this site). To strengthen the knowledge of people with disabilities in an international setting and the cooperation with international institutions and organizations, we are working on publishing an english summary of our rapports on this page.
If you or your organization are interested in our work, feel free to contact Tilioq.
Phone: +299 34 50 90